Freephone on all UK mobile networks


Holiday sickness claims
Holiday sickness claims Holiday sickness claims Holiday sickness claims

Accidents abroad

By on October 11, 2016

Accidents Abroad and making a claim

Introduction to Accidents Abroad

Accidents, Injuries, Holiday Sickness and Illnesses Abroad

We understand that if you have had an accident abroad, whilst on your holiday, while travelling to or from your holiday, or travelling for work reasons or in fact any reason at all, this can be daunting, especially in a foreign country.Claims Legal have the experience to guide you through this process.

Examples of accidents which can occur whilst abroad and claims arising in foreign jurisdictions might include:

  • Road traffic accidents (car, motorbike or scooter crashes), whether you were a passenger, driver or pedestrian
  • Boat / sailing accidents
  • Cruise ship accidents
  • Injury taking part in sports or other recreational activities, such as scuba diving or a horseback riding accident
  • Injury or illness while on hotel or resort premises, such as a trip, slip or fall by the pool or on slippery or uneven surfaces
  • Natural disaster, such as a tsunami or earthquake

You can be reassured that you have a specialist panel solicitor with vast experience dealing with travel accident claims abroad.

Am I entitled to make a claim for an Accident Abroad?

Examples of claims resulting from Accidents Abroad

If you were working abroad at the time of the accident and the accident was the fault of your employer, you would be able to make a personal injury compensation claim using a solicitor based in the United Kingdom providing you were employed by a company based in the United Kingdom at the time, or that employer has a registered office or place of business located in the UK.  This claim would be dealt with in the same way as any other claim for anaccident at work.

Even if you are working for a foreign employer or organisation, you should still seek specialist legal advice as to the options that may exist to pursue compensation.

If you were abroad on holiday at the time, a personal injury solicitor in the United Kingdom would only be able to deal with the claim against the holiday company if the holiday was booked as part of a package deal through a travel agent in the United Kingdom. In addition to this, your accident would need to be the fault of the travel agent or their representatives (e.g. hotel staff).

For example, if your accident was caused due to an uneven section of walkway in the hotel grounds you would be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim against your travel agent. You would also be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against your travel agent if you contracted a form of food poisoning from the hotel restaurant; however, you would not be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against your travel agent if your accident was caused due to a badly maintained pavement in a local town centre.

Equally, if an accident occurred whilst you were engaged in sports or activities that were arranged by you with independent operators in the holiday resort or location, there may be no liability under the Package Tour Regulations regime. Potentially dangerous activities on the beach such as paragliding, banana boat rides, waterskiing or snorkelling and diving may not be covered under these regulations as they would not be part of the holiday package deal. One could try and sue the companies in the country they are based, but separate detailed local legal advice would then need to be considered and this can be a difficult and costly process.  Claims Legal have a panel of specialist solicitors who can liaise with all foreign companies, solicitors and regulatory bodies on your behalf.

Even if you have made your travel and accommodation arrangements personally without a tour or travel agent, it is still worth seeking specialist legal advice as to the options that may be available to you.

Even if you are travelling by plane, ship or trains abroad and have not reached your destination, there may be legal remedies available and again you should contact us so that you can be put in touch with specialist solicitors.

If you are involved in a road traffic accident abroad whether as a driver or passenger or whether in a car, taxi, coach or bus, it is possible that you may have a right to seek compensation if another party was to blame and is identifiable. One must in certain countries however seek medical attention immediately as this can be a pre requisite to compensation schemes in some countries. It is crucial to obtain details of all other persons involved. You must always for Road Traffic Accident matters report the matter to the police and retain all resulting paperwork.

What action should I take after my Accident Abroad?

Collecting evidence after your Accident Abroad

To make a successful personal injury compensation claim, you would need to prove that another person was responsible for your personal injury.  In the case of an accident abroad this would normally be your travel agent or your employer.

To help your case, you should report the accident to your employer / your travel representative at the time, make a note of your accident in the accident book, take names and addresses of witnesses to the accident and if possible take photographs of the area where the accident happened.  You must also keep safely all of the travel documentation, receipts and paperwork including medical letters, receipts for treatment, hospital discharge letters, photographs, names of any witnesses, or any other documentation relating to or arising from the holiday and injury.

If you are intending to claim expenses such as prescription costs and travelling expenses, remember to keep receipts as evidence.

If you would like us to review the circumstances of your accident abroad and let you know if you have a valid claim for compensation, contact us free on 0800-8-654321

Accident Abroad Compensation Claim Advice

How to start a claim for compensation after an Accident Abroad

If you or someone you know has suffered an injury or illness whilst abroad, telephone us now for accurate and friendly claim advice.

There are strict time limits in place to make any injury claim including claims originating from accidents, injuries or illnesses whilst abroad.  For further information,  call us today on 0800-8-654321  – FREE from landlines & mobiles

Claims Legal are experts in all personal injury matters. We will be able to advise you whether or not you have a valid claim circumstance for compensation, and put you in touch with one of our specialist panel personal injury lawyers will be happy to talk you through the process of making a claim in plain English, and will be happy to answer any questions or queries you may have.

If your claim has to be pursued outside the Courts of England and Wales, each case will be reviewed on its own merits and appropriate advice will be provided before prior to starting on your instruction and making representations.

Holiday Sickness Claim

© Holidaysicknessclaims.co.uk 2016. All Rights Reserved.

This site is using SEO Baclinks plugin created by InfoMotru.ro and Locco.Ro

Holiday Sickness Claims is a trading style of Claims Legal Ltd. UK Company 07377456

Registered Office: 93A Windsor Road Prestwich Manchester M25 0DB. Telephone: 0800-8-654321

Claims Legal Ltd is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities. CRM25925